A combined 2D and 3D animation produced in conjunction with Northumbria University VRV Group. Produced on a tight deadline this video product was targeted at small children and was publically displayed as part of the Big Read event at Seven Stories – The National Centre for Children’s Books.
The project required rapid iterative concept, storyboarding, script writing, music and voice-over production and recording. The whole project was completed within one week, on time and within budget.
Commissioned by Northumbria University’s Virtual Reality & Visualisations department, I was solely responsible for the design, production and delivery of a Newcastle City Futures 2065 adaptation aimed at children.
By undertaking this project I:
- collaborated with the client from specification to concept through a process of mutual feedback
- planned and executed the project to a minimalistic deadline using limited resources
- designed and produced animated characters that appealed to a young audience (aged 8+)
- directed and produced an original music track and voiceover
- iteratively edited towards the final video cut
By working closely with the client to create a positive outcome, the final product was well received and fit for purpose. The video itself was shown to the public as part of the Big Draw Event at Seven Stories, Newcastle.